Dear Friend of 2713
Our Fall 2023 fund raiser is to address some issues that were discovered in 2022 when we had some bad vandalism at the train.
First and foremost is we need to install more cameras to better see some areas that are out of view of our existing 4 camera system. We would like to add 4 more cameras to the system for a total of 8.
To accommodate the 4 new cameras we need to upgrade our hard drive and electronics. This needs to be done regardless as our existing security system is just plain old. The format that it records in is no longer supported.
To deter vandalism we want to improve lighting in the southeast corner of the train by installing a historic light. It would match the ones on the north side of the train. Along with this we want to upgrade some of the ceiling lights on the south side of the train. Improved lighting would help identify if someone is on top of the train.
As of 10-24-2023 the Engine 2713 endowment total is around $48,000 with the ups and down of the stock market it has fluctuated quite a bit. The Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin donated $2000 to the endowment from their Legacy Fund. This was very much appreciated and helped us keep close to our goal of $50,000. Depending on the response to our Fall Fund raiser we might have to tap into the endowment to get the upgraded security system and improved lighting....I hate to do this before we meet our goal of $50,000 in the endowment but I feel we can't wait much longer to better secure the train display..
Just like the little train that thought it could get over the big hill we are working hard to get over that goal of $50,000 in the endowment. We are all most their and I can't Thank You enough.....!!!!!!!!
The market went down in November and December which hurt our bottom line despite getting quite a few donations in the last part of 2021. I hope the market goes up in January and i will give an updated report in February. Thanks again for your continued support...!! I think I can...I think I can......
The 2713 Train Endowment is tied to the stock market. It went down a little in the 3rd quarter....Hopefully it will end of the year will end strong. The train still needs maintanece to keep it's youthful look so please concider donating to the endowment when you can. Thanks for your continued support.
In 2021 we are asking for your financial support for one of Stevens Points most popular and unique landmarks. Our goal is to raise $50,000 for the long term maintainence of the train display. As of December we have around $47,800 raised.....only $2,200 to go...!! Thank You.
Donations will help build a long term endowment fund that will be used for ongoing painting and rebuild deteriating parts and unexpected repairs.
- All parts of the train need constant care from rusting and decay.
- Parts that are to badly rusted need complete replacement.
- Maintenance of lighting, security and sound systems etc.
- Money available to repair any vandalism.
You can support the train by:
- Visiting the train and playing the steam train sounds for $.50
- Visiting the train and putting your donation in the donation box located in the northwest part of train.
- Buying a personalized brick. 4"X8" and 12" X 12" sizes are available.
- Buying a train magnet, sticker or note pad at Koerten Gallery located 1 block south of the train.
- Sending a tax deductable donation to Comunity Foundation of Central Wisconsin. (See below) (Engine 2713 Fund)
- Put money in coin bank at Swetz Road Side Gas Station on the South Side, Koerten Gallery or Point Brewery on Water Street.
Please consider supporting the Friends of 2713. You will be supporting what some people say is the best static train display in Wisconsin.
You can make your tax deductible donation on line at WWW.CFCWI.ORG (Engine 2713 Fund) or send to:
Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin
1501 Clark St.
Stevens Point, WI, 54481
Any questions call John Kedrowski, Chairman of Friends of 2713 at 715-344-0619.